- Empowerment of the deprived and oppressed, through socioeconomic and educational activities in order to develop holistically underprivileged village communities.
- Development of a self-sufficient, harmonious society, by encouraging people to live according to the principles of Sarvodaya (development of all) and Gramswarajya (self-reliance).
- Capacity building of Ashram staff and village functionaries, in order to guarantee the success of the development processes, with a special focus on women.
- Life orientation of new generation adolescents and youth: finding a way to improve village life sustainability, especially for the young, is our present concern.
- Support to youth volunteers working in other areas of Uttar Pradesh and other states for the work of Gramswarajya.
Main Fields of Activities
Soil & water conservation, watershed agriculture, horticulture and tree planting, animal husbandry, use of gobar gas and compost, village industries, vocational training, rural entitlement, education (formal and non-formal, for adults, youngsters, adolescents, children and toddlers – 3 to 6), women empowerment, health care and health education (including planned family education), pollution monitoring and environment protection.