The Governing Body is superstructure of Banwasi Sewa Ashram. It has 15-members. Its members are eminent social workers, experts, local elders, youth and a weaver and a spinner. It meets at least twice a year.
Governing Body is responsible for:
- The policy decisions regarding, programme planning in the context of the vision of the Institute
- The protection of the institute’s interest, properties and reputation
- The raising and managing of funds for old, ongoing and new activities
- Furthering the cause
- The assessment of the work accomplished
Secretary of the organisation selected unanimously is a board member as well as a responsible functionary and holds the responsibility of managing activities, fundraising, utilisation of funds, etc., and calling Governing Body meetings and ensuring implementation of its decisions.
The organisation’s departments are Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Education and Training, Health and Medical Care, Environmental Health, Khadi and Village Industries, Women’s Development, Gramnirman (village development) and People’s Gramswarajya.
Departmental heads are responsible for:
- The managing routine established work
- Monitoring development project activity in the field and at the centre
- Assessment of achievements related problem and needs
- Cooperation with other colleagues and village development staff
- Together with caring for Ashram’s vision and mission as a whole
Village Development Centre (Gram Nirman Kendra) Representatives
Village Development Centre is responsible for:
- Management of the centre and its activities
- Building awareness in the community
- Promotion of Gramswarajya activity
- Contact with the community and extending help and guidance when required
- Understanding problems and representing them at Ashram, panchayat and block level
- Implementation of project activity by involving people
General Manager is a senior worker of the Ashram. He coordinates and monitors activities with the help of related departments, other colleagues and field staff. More specifically, he is responsible for
- General management, coordination of activities in the campus, accounts, office and building maintenance, etc.
- Holding meetings of heads of departments and accounts, office and stores personnel once in 2-3 months
- Supervision and maintenance of infrastructure facilities
People’s Organisations for
- Management of village level social activities
- Village level activity planning, implementation and evaluation and sharing responsibility in implementation of Ashram sponsored programmes